Microsoft : Rehire ACES studios and resume work on Flight Simulator 11

David Douglas

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
Hi!

I just signed the petition "Microsoft : Rehire ACES studios and resume work on Flight Simulator 11 " on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/micr...=share_petition

Thanks!

David

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 11:15:42 PM »
I'm not trying to be a pessimist, but is there any evidence that MS was actively working on FS11? The petition asks Microsoft to "resume" work on it, but I don't even believe there was any work done on it period.

There's also a license now that Lockheed owns which may prevent Microsoft from doing anything with the series. It may be best to show Lockheed that there is demand for this type of product.

Rahul Parkar

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 04:05:26 AM »
My memory on the licensing of ESP to Lockheed to that they could create Prepar3d is fuzzy, but iirc they licensed it just like they would license an SDK or API to a company, I believe they still own  the full rights to do whatever they want with ESP, which means that they could use that technology, or they could do something I expect them to do, Scrap ESP and start from scratch, eliminating all possibility of licensing issues.

Cheers!
Rahul
Rahul Parkar,

On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth.

Brad Littlejohn

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 01:57:39 PM »

Sorta unrelated, but I wonder if Microsoft is actually listening, or if they are floundering in search of how to get that market back. Just in getting normal shopping done, I've  been to three different Target stores, and all of them are selling copies of FS2002. Rather cheap at that: $10 for the whole program. I don't know if it is because Target had them in stock or if M$ is reprinting and resupplying this out there. If the latter, I wonder why they went with FS2002 instead of FS2004. But it's there, if people want to have at it.

BL.