How do I start my training?

Cole Brister

• Members
    • View Profile
« on: December 21, 2013, 05:31:47 PM »
So I have taken my Basic Controller Exam and passed. I have also taken my ZFW (Fort Worth) - Standard Operating Procedures Exam, and passed. So now what? I got an email saying I passed and that's about it. I know I need to take my S1 exam or something, but have not had it assigned. Also, I did contact support about why I can't join Fort Worth's site and they said it's because I have to get in and fly from a point A to point B with a valid flight plan for the CID to recognize me. Well I do not have a flight simulator yet. I only have VRC and have been observing the past few days. Do I need a flight simulator to do ATC? If so I can install it. I already have Microsoft Flight Simulator from a couple years ago, but it's just not installed on this computer.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:32:33 PM by Cole Brister »

Mark Taylor

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 06:54:11 PM »
I would contact Daniel Blell at the FTW ARTCC at ta(at)zfwartcc(dot)org

Daniel is the training administrator in the Fort Worth ARTCC and can assist you with making sure you are properly registered in the the correct region, area, etc, and start your S1 training.

Welcome to VATSIM!

Kevin Copeland

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 09:27:02 AM »
Hi Cole,

You do not need Flight Sim nor do you need to complete a flight on VATSIM to become an ATC.
I would take Mark's advise and contact the TA directly, he'll have the best information for you concerning Fort Worth.

If you need further assistance feel free to contact me directly at vatusa8(at)vatusa.net
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 09:27:42 AM by Kevin Copeland »
Kevin Copeland
VATSIM Supervisor

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 03:42:01 PM »
Hello again,

He's referring to an issue with the ZFW website...

I have e-mailed the webmaster, but I can't tell you when this will be fixed.
You do not have to contact the TA, he won't be able to help you with this issue.

In the meantime, I'll try to do whatever I can to get you started as soon as possible.

- ZFW ATA.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 03:45:28 PM by Christos Kokkinomagoulos »

Cole Brister

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 11:59:09 AM »
Quote from: Christos Kokkinomagoulos
Hello again,

He's referring to an issue with the ZFW website...

I have e-mailed the webmaster, but I can't tell you when this will be fixed.
You do not have to contact the TA, he won't be able to help you with this issue.

In the meantime, I'll try to do whatever I can to get you started as soon as possible.

- ZFW ATA.

Well I have been waiting for a few weeks now and still have had no luck or help with this. I have not gotten an email from my trainer or anything. Can someone please guide me?

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 03:21:14 PM »
Did you email the ZFW Training Administrator, as was suggested?  Did you email the contact information in the welcome email when you first joined VATUSA?  If you didn't receive a reply from the training administrator, Daniel Blell, did you email the DATM or the ATM?  Did you email Kevin Copeland, the Regional Air Traffic Director, as he offered any more assistance.  Unless you're telling us that you have emailed at least those 5 people and no one has responded, and are still looking for help because at least 5 people haven't responded, "waiting for a few weeks now" is your fault and I'm not sure what you are looking for.  Please email me with a copy of the email that you sent to Kevin Copeland, and copy me on whatever response you got from Kevin, or let me know that he didn't respond.  We'll get you going again.  Thank you.

USA8:  Please look into this and let me know what's going on.  Thank you.

ZFW staff:  Please reach out to Mr. Brister since he seems to be having a hard time getting a hold of all of you, and please copy me on your emails to him.  Thank you.
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA

Cole Brister

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 07:32:58 PM »
Quote from: Don Desfosse
Did you email the ZFW Training Administrator, as was suggested?  Did you email the contact information in the welcome email when you first joined VATUSA?  If you didn't receive a reply from the training administrator, Daniel Blell, did you email the DATM or the ATM?  Did you email Kevin Copeland, the Regional Air Traffic Director, as he offered any more assistance.  Unless you're telling us that you have emailed at least those 5 people and no one has responded, and are still looking for help because at least 5 people haven't responded, "waiting for a few weeks now" is your fault and I'm not sure what you are looking for.  Please email me with a copy of the email that you sent to Kevin Copeland, and copy me on whatever response you got from Kevin, or let me know that he didn't respond.  We'll get you going again.  Thank you.

USA8:  Please look into this and let me know what's going on.  Thank you.

ZFW staff:  Please reach out to Mr. Brister since he seems to be having a hard time getting a hold of all of you, and please copy me on your emails to him.  Thank you.

I just emailed the ZFW TA, I am now awaiting a response. Once I get one I will post here again telling whether I need any further assistance regarding this issue.
Thanks for the help.

Tim Farrell

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Freight Dog virtual Air Cargo
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 08:41:34 PM »
Sorry, guys out the last few days attending a funeral. Trying to resolve our website issue. Hope to have it corrected shortly.
Tim Farrell, FDC1601
President/CEO
Freight Dogs Virtual Air Cargo
[email protected]
www.freightdogcargo.org