Newbie looking for best ARTCC for training

Jaime Haro

• Members
    • View Profile
Newbie looking for best ARTCC for training
« on: August 14, 2020, 12:22:37 PM »
Hi! I am just finishing up my S1 training and im looking to join a location and I'm wondering which have the most available controllers and instructors. I've been observing for a couple of weeks and I accidentally did the entire training module (up to En-Route  ::))

Im excited to start!

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie looking for best ARTCC for training
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 05:04:52 PM »
Maybe list some of the things you are looking for in an ARTCC... are you here to have fun or learn the right way to do things? Do you want a quick certification with an easy airspace or do you want to stay in it for the long run? Do you want a fully functioning website with cool
Resources or do you care more about the community and mindset? Things like that can help ARTCC members come make a case for their ARTCC based on what is important to you.
Best Regards,
Kyle Sanders

Jaime Haro

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 06:02:32 PM »
Thanks Kyle,
Im looking for an ARTCC with good training where I can become a good controller. I would appreciate a center that has good resources and good instructors.

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 11:40:30 AM »
Pretty much everyone will tell you why their own ARTCC is the best.

So... I'll start, LOL.

ZDC has a very large and active training staff, a pretty interesting airspace, and a good balance of realism and casual fun.

... that being said, I didn't choose it for any of those reasons.  I chose it because it's my home area.  ;-)
Cheers,
-R.

Eric Hebert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 01:54:34 PM »
Then please allow me to encourage you to choose the most challenging airspace in the world here at NEW YORK Virtual Air Route Traffic Control Center (ZNY). Only the best of the best come here. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. New York, New York. Sounds so nice they named it twice. Plus you can fly over my house in the World's Playground - CONEY ISLAND!
Eric Hebert. 832602
ZNY_EH (S3)
Brooklyn, New York, USA

Jaime Haro

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 08:38:40 AM »
Thanks a lot everyone, a bunch of the recommendations I saw was to join your home center so I hope ill fit in to ZID.

Eric Hebert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 09:55:38 AM »
Thanks a lot everyone, a bunch of the recommendations I saw was to join your home center so I hope ill fit in to ZID.

Great choice. Enjoy!
Eric Hebert. 832602
ZNY_EH (S3)
Brooklyn, New York, USA