Internet connection subscription (.ics) option?

Robert Welch

• Members
    • View Profile
Internet connection subscription (.ics) option?
« on: July 23, 2016, 08:49:16 PM »
Hello, all.

Despite having been a part of the VATSIM community since 2012, this is, I kid you not, my first ever post on any VATSIM related forum.. So, no, I'm not new to the network at all, and at least some of you have either had me in your radar or heard me on frequency, but I'm certainly new to the forums!

Was curious - has anyone in VATUSA ever considered an option to link the events calendar with various mobile devices/software like Google Calendars or Outlook? I often find myself missing or forgetting about events because they don't make it into my own calendar with a corresponding alert as the event nears, and as a result, I only remember the FNOs.

Just something for the higher-ups to consider if they see this. I did a forum search and see that I'm the first one to bring it up. Would be awesome to have such an option!

Regards,

Robert

Matthew Bartels

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Internet connection subscription (.ics) option?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 03:58:49 AM »
Hello, all.

Despite having been a part of the VATSIM community since 2012, this is, I kid you not, my first ever post on any VATSIM related forum.. So, no, I'm not new to the network at all, and at least some of you have either had me in your radar or heard me on frequency, but I'm certainly new to the forums!

Was curious - has anyone in VATUSA ever considered an option to link the events calendar with various mobile devices/software like Google Calendars or Outlook? I often find myself missing or forgetting about events because they don't make it into my own calendar with a corresponding alert as the event nears, and as a result, I only remember the FNOs.

Just something for the higher-ups to consider if they see this. I did a forum search and see that I'm the first one to bring it up. Would be awesome to have such an option!

Regards,

Robert

Great Idea Robert! I will take a look into something like this.

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 07:40:25 AM »
Thanks, Matt.  Please work with Daniel.  It's something I tried to do a couple of years ago, but our old forum software would not play nice.  Maybe SMF will.  Thanks.

Robert Welch

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 10:20:00 PM »
So happy you guys are looking into it!! Thanks again!!