ATC/S1 Exam Question 17 a little bit confusing

Matt Dietz

• Members
    • View Profile
ATC/S1 Exam Question 17 a little bit confusing
« on: July 03, 2022, 09:08:23 PM »
Hello! I'm currently taking the S1 exam and on question 17 it asks to state weather a part of a flight strip/plan is correct or incorrect. The first part is asking if the callsign is correct. In the question, it is worded as "DELTA12". Technically this is how it's said, but the real callsign is "DAL". I'm not sure weather the answer to the question would technically be correct since it is said the same, or wrong since it would actually display DAL instead of DELTA. Thanks!

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
Re: ATC/S1 Exam Question 17 a little bit confusing
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 01:10:47 PM »
Hello! I'm currently taking the S1 exam and on question 17 it asks to state weather a part of a flight strip/plan is correct or incorrect. The first part is asking if the callsign is correct. In the question, it is worded as "DELTA12". Technically this is how it's said, but the real callsign is "DAL". I'm not sure weather the answer to the question would technically be correct since it is said the same, or wrong since it would actually display DAL instead of DELTA. Thanks!
Matt, generally it's frowned upon to post specific test questions in here.  However, on the off-chance you see this before it is taken down, I'll just tell you this -- you're thinking along the correct lines.
Cheers,
-R.

Anthony Santanastaso

• Mentors
    • View Profile
    • VATUSA
Re: ATC/S1 Exam Question 17 a little bit confusing
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 01:37:40 PM »

Hi Matt, unless the question is asking about phraseology, do not read into it further than how it is presented. In this case, you are correct that the phraseology of "DAL" is "Delta," but the question did not ask you to determine that fact. Under this circumstance, you are to simply identify the correct presentation of the callsign as it would appear in the flight plan.
Anthony Santanastaso