When Will My Status Change?

Robert Jaworski

• Members
    • View Profile
« on: August 24, 2010, 07:37:13 AM »
Hey guys,

I passed the S1 exam last night, looked on VATUSA and saw that my status had been changed from OBS to S1. I went to log onto  VRC, and couldnt log on as S1 Clearance or Ground. I figured i'd wait till morning. This morning i log on, and my status on VATUSA is OBS. Whats up with that? Is the system still acclimating itself? Thanks for your help!

Rob

Dan Leavitt

• ZMA Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 01:34:33 PM »
It can take anywhere from 24-48 hours to fully reflect the promotion.

DL

Robert Jaworski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 03:27:29 PM »
Quote from: Dan Leavitt
It can take anywhere from 24-48 hours to fully reflect the promotion.

DL

I understand but how come it changed to S1, but then changed back to OBS lol

Kenneth Haught

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://vzanartcc.net
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 03:50:59 PM »
It is the way the system operates. Without going into too much detail, when your training staff feels you are ready for the promotion we request the next rating through a separate page in VATUSA. It (the website) then acknowledges the change by temporarily setting your visible rating to that level (i.e. S1). It also shows it in your promotion history which is available to the Instructors and ARTCC staff to name a few (to prevent duplication of efforts). That sends the request to VATUSA, where it is then processed and sent to VATSIM. VATUSA and VATSIM sync their information twice per day (as far as I know) which is normally around 0300z and 1500z if I recall correctty. During this process typically the VATUSA page is reverted back to your original rating, although the promotion is still shown to the above mentioned staff. Once it has been successfully updated at the VATSIM level then it will show again on VATUSA (after the synchronization). You should also receive several emails during this process, from both VATUSA and VATSIM. Your final email with be a notification of rating change from VATSIM, at which time you can expect the rating to be effective within a matter of minutes (typically, although it can take up to an additional 12 hours).

Hope that explains it without confusing you, but as you can see a seemingly simple promotion can take quite a few steps, most of which are thankfully automated.

Gary Millsaps

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vatusa.net
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 06:37:18 PM »
...and all the automation works great...until it's broken.

Right now, it's broken...I'm furiously working as hard as I can to get the glitch found and repaired.

So PLEASE, everyone have a bit of patience...I'll note here and everywhere else I can find to announce when the problem is fixed.

Kenneth Haught

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://vzanartcc.net
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 02:08:45 PM »
Lol yeah, technology is fun isn't it Gary. I figured it never hurt to give a little insight as to what goes on once you hear those magic words (you've passed)  I know you're working hard to get all the bugs out of the site still.