Improper use of airline callsign?

Byron MacRae

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Improper use of airline callsign?
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2017, 11:18:32 AM »
Gents,

While I don't disagree with some of the things that you have stated in the thread. I do believe it's a game. I have been on this network for quite some time and have noticed the steady decline in pilot participation do to the "realism." We can all make this as realistic as we want or don't want. Somethings (IE: 7 Digit Callsigns) need to be followed; however we don't need to make it to the point pilots don't want to participate. As the controller...Control your phraseology, actions, and airspace as realistic as you can, but pick and choose your battles. The VRD callsign would not have bothered me one bit. As long as Matt was enjoying himself and reciveing good ATC, that is all that matters.

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2017, 11:19:01 AM »
I know I'm in the minority, but I agree with that point. Given that to play is to, "engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation," I find it hard to argue otherwise :-) That being said, how we choose to "play" the game is up to us, and we choose a fairly realistic manner to play.
I absolutely agree, it's about being happy and enjoying yourself. As stated numerous times throughout the thread, our messages are simply offerings incase someone is attempting to simulate realism (which, I think, most are).

My  ":-X" wasn't because I disagree with Byron's point, rather that I can't stand the word "game" when referencing a simulator. Then again, I guess it depends on how you "play" it.

Overall, like Byron said, do what makes you happy and, if you're trying to make it "as real as it gets" then we'll be there to offer advice on how to do so.  :)

Happy holidays, gents!

Fair enough, because it's all about having fun.  Perhaps my differences with folks who get offended by the use of game in these contexts has more to do with the liberal definition of game more than anything else.

So long as bourbon is not prohibited on network, I think I'll stay happy ;-)

Speaking of which, I think we need to come up with a VATUSA holiday drink.

Byron MacRae

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2017, 11:20:28 AM »
I know I'm in the minority, but I agree with that point. Given that to play is to, "engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation," I find it hard to argue otherwise :-) That being said, how we choose to "play" the game is up to us, and we choose a fairly realistic manner to play.
I absolutely agree, it's about being happy and enjoying yourself. As stated numerous times throughout the thread, our messages are simply offerings incase someone is attempting to simulate realism (which, I think, most are).

My  ":-X" wasn't because I disagree with Byron's point, rather that I can't stand the word "game" when referencing a simulator. Then again, I guess it depends on how you "play" it.

Overall, like Byron said, do what makes you happy and, if you're trying to make it "as real as it gets" then we'll be there to offer advice on how to do so.  :)

Happy holidays, gents!

So long as bourbon is not prohibited on network, I think I'll stay happy ;-)

Speaking of which, I think we need to come up with a VATUSA holiday drink.

Excellent point.  Is it 1700 yet?

Cheers

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2017, 11:23:09 AM »
Somethings (IE: 7 Digit Callsigns) need to be followed;

But the tail number on my RW airplane is only 6, including N... :(

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SFKcTTS7QdgdOSaZ2

Cheers

Holiday week, I expect my boss to cut us loose sometime soon! :D

Byron MacRae

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2017, 11:25:25 AM »
Somethings (IE: 7 Digit Callsigns) need to be followed;

But the tail number on my RW airplane is only 6, including N... :(

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!  You know what I mean!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SFKcTTS7QdgdOSaZ2

Cheers

Holiday week, I expect my boss to cut us loose sometime soon! :D

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2017, 11:27:52 AM »
YEAH YEAH YEAH!!  You know what I mean!

Lol, yes I do.  Sometimes I have trouble not being at least a little bit of a pain in the rear :-)

(that's what the bourbon helps with ;-))