Need some help

Yong Jeong Chang

• Members
    • View Profile
Need some help
« on: May 24, 2018, 06:15:39 AM »
Hello everyone,

I just passed my first exam and about to decide which facility to join, but I have absolutely no idea where would fit me the best. tbh I've been questioning myself like 'can I do it well?' for quite a long time.

Actually I'm Korean native (has only stayed in Atlanta about 2.5 years) who's not doing bad with his English, yet in need of practice. Though I fly on VATSIM almost in daily basis it's usually an intra-Asia flight which certainly does not demand a native level of English communication. While it might be better for me to join relatively less busy ARTCC, I still wish to join Atlanta for that I lived there, but who knows really. Might end up with Seattle but I sure have many other divisions to check out.

Any thoughts?  :D

p.s. Hoping to see you guys out there soon!

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
Re: Need some help
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 06:52:30 AM »
I would suggest starting by telling us what exactly do you want?

Large/small airspace

Many Bravo class airspace’s?

Mainly IFR traffic or VFR?

What type of training do you want? Some ARTCCs like to keep it very simple and others like to get as close to real world perfection as possible.

Etc...
Best Regards,
Kyle Sanders

Yong Jeong Chang

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »
I would suggest starting by telling us what exactly do you want?

Large/small airspace

Many Bravo class airspace’s?

Mainly IFR traffic or VFR?

What type of training do you want? Some ARTCCs like to keep it very simple and others like to get as close to real world perfection as possible.

Etc...

Hello Kyle,

Firstly thanks for the reply! Your answer sure helped me on choosing where to go. I've just chosen Atlanta ATRCC and look forward to get my first ATC training there.

Thanks again and hope to see you on VATSIM soon! :D

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 03:08:40 PM »
Atlanta is a fine choice!  Welcome to the Southern Region!