[April Fools Joke] New VATUSA Training System Announced

Re: New VATUSA Training System Announced
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 02:08:43 PM »
Student back from VATCAN: "What do you mean eh? isn't phraseology!?"  and "What do you mean we aren't going to Tim Hortons for maple donuts after a successful session??"

Dhruv Kalra

• ZMP Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 02:19:33 PM »
Student back from VATCAN: "What do you mean eh? isn't phraseology!?"  and "What do you mean we aren't going to Tim Hortons for maple donuts after a successful session??"
"What do you mean Hockey Night isn't an automatic leave approval?"

Kenneth Bambach

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 04:36:45 PM »
With so many Canadians flocking to Florida in the winter, I see this as a win win for us down here. In fact, I'm trying to see if I can get the first Tim Horton's franchise on Biscayne Blvd. Problem is you have to purchase at least 3 franchises. So in keeping up with this brave new world, perhaps Havana would like a Timmies as well since Canadians have been flocking to Cuba for years. So if anyone is looking for me over the next 3 months, I'll be in the GTA for franchisee traning at Tim Horton University.

Thanks Don!!

Joshua Black

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 06:54:18 PM »
I'm a Canadian, yet control within VATUSA.  All of these stereotypical posts are leaving me with a huge grin on my face.  :P

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 11:17:52 PM »
OK, it looks like most of you got it....  But a couple of you maybe didn't, and may still be actively believing that we're actively gonna do some trainin' with the hosers to the North... and there may be a couple in the "undecided" camp,  so I'll let you all off the hook....

Happy April Fool's Day!!

Alex Seeberger

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 11:47:49 PM »
Alex, thank you for your comments.  Although I said I'd wait to consolidate before replying, I think it's important to understand the greater good here.  It is certainly not personal.  I think a lot of the team at ZAN, and didn't mean to imply in my original post that I didn't -- that was purely an oversight.  I should have mentioned that all current ZAN members who would like to remain with VATUSA may certainly do so; there is no requirement for the people to be transferred to VATCAN (although Matt is expecting that the majority will).  And I don't need Alaska's vast resources to make this Division successful, just good people and good training. :)

Thank you Don,

I can confirm I am expecting the majority of the new CZAN FIR to transfer divisions to VATCAN. We have already begun adding the CZAN areas to our website & Staff rosters.

Those controllers looking for a jump start on our systems, can watch the Canscope tutorials located here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj2Sfqtk0fU and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0GrTre9jhU

Kind Regards,

Matt Cianfarani
Director, VATCAN

I just finished learning vERAM, come on buddy....

Tony Jeppesen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2016, 09:59:44 AM »
 ;D 8) :o ;D ::)  Don.... I had a feeling this was another 4/1 post hence no reply from me Eh....? ;)

Luc Gaupin

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2016, 08:42:35 PM »
Will part of the NTU have a seperate portion to be taught in FAA standards? Or is all going to be taught to ICAO standards with phraseology and such?

LG

Luc Gaupin

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2016, 08:44:23 PM »
Will part of the NTU have a seperate portion to be taught in FAA standards? Or is all going to be taught to ICAO standards with phraseology and such?

LG

Welp, nvm, I decided not to read the second page (Which I didnt even notice there was a second page), good one Don *clap clap*

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »

Adam Vianna

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2016, 10:09:53 PM »
I have to admit, you almost had me until you said the part about seceding ZAN to VATCAN... almost. At least this one was a bit more believable than the one about training FAA controllers.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 10:20:26 PM by Adam Vianna »

Joseph Jucha

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 05:20:44 AM »
Darn, I was looking forward to the training.

Andrew Wolcott

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 06:03:08 PM »
I, for one, welcome our new maple syrup drinking overlords.

I'm quite late to this thread.. been awhile since I've been forum active, so what better way to get back in the action than go necroposting? lol

Anyway, is that you or the maple syrup talking Mr. Lahey?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 09:37:11 AM »
This is great news!  Great work everyone.

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 09:45:46 AM »
This is great news!  Great work everyone.

This was an April Fools  prank resurrected by Andrew. :P