Linked Events

• VatVenture 2017: July 23, 2017

vZAU presents: VatVenture 2017!

Nick Warren

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: vZAU presents: VatVenture 2017!
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 03:29:26 PM »
my questions have been answered. someone should make a scenry that allows for the NOTAM to be fully valid in my opinion. :p

I think the above linked scenery does a great job for the field itself.  Aside from that, I imagine any landclass and vector scenery will accurately place the towns, roads, and railroad tracks.

Paul Dobear

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 10:04:09 PM »
my questions have been answered. someone should make a scenry that allows for the NOTAM to be fully valid in my opinion. :p

If you read the post I made in the thread earlier, there is an amazing freeware scenery available all you had to do was click the link and register, then search for Oshkosh scenery.

Simple solution to "Rock your wings"....Put it in the ATIS they should be pulling before FISK "Rock your wings = IDENT"

There is a really good marked scenery for Oshkosh with runway color markings here.  You have to register but it is free to download.

http://www.theskylounge.tv/

Hope that helps someone

Jonathan Voss

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 10:06:42 PM »
I landed the Fisk arrival IRL today, does that count?
Jonathan Voss (JV)
Houston ARTCC

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 10:09:23 PM »
Watching this on Vattastic, much of what I see looks nothing like any of the procedures from the NOTAM (e.g. the direct VFR arrivals from the East??).  If y'all would like, myself and several others on this forum have flown in to Oshkosh a number of times for Airventure and would be willing to help mentor/train controllers on Oshkosh procedures prior to the event in the future.

I know we have at least one controller who has controlled it for real, as well, and may be willing to provide some guidance.

Signed from OSH2017, Jon (above) and I flew my Skyhawk in again :-)