The beauty of the Pacific Northwest...

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
The beauty of the Pacific Northwest...
« on: August 15, 2017, 06:42:48 pm »
Hi all -- this week I've had my first real-world opportunity to visit the Pacific Northwest, and taking in the beauty of it has rekindled my interest in doing some virtual flying in the region once I get home.  I just wanted to pass my appreciation to those of you who are lucky enough to call this area your home.  Hopefully this won't be my last real-world trip here, but I can guarantee I'll be exploring it via FSX/VATSIM soon and often!
Cheers,
-R.

Brad Littlejohn

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: The beauty of the Pacific Northwest...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:18:32 pm »
Hi all -- this week I've had my first real-world opportunity to visit the Pacific Northwest, and taking in the beauty of it has rekindled my interest in doing some virtual flying in the region once I get home.  I just wanted to pass my appreciation to those of you who are lucky enough to call this area your home.  Hopefully this won't be my last real-world trip here, but I can guarantee I'll be exploring it via FSX/VATSIM soon and often!

Can't blame you on that!

My wife went to the Washington State School for the Blind in Vancouver, across the river from Portland. We had the chance to go back for the school's 150th Class Reunion (they brought back everyone who had ever been a student there). Amazing area up there. Green, LUSH, and just absolutely amazing scenery. Got to see PDX, HIO, TTD, CHS, and the surrounding area. That sparked my interest in the area as well.

I know that FS9 had some amazing Pacific Northwest scenery, but I can't remember if it was updated for FSX/P3D. I know Orbx has some scenery for it, so that would be a good place to start. But if you find a good KPDX, give a shout, because everyone is on the lookout for that!

BL.