Cross The Pond - Facilities Looking for Additional Help

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Cross The Pond - Facilities Looking for Additional Help
« on: October 04, 2017, 11:33:49 AM »
All,

I am a huge proponent in having more than enough controllers for an event as important as CTP. 

In the past, facilities have reached out to the ACE Team for support, but for something as huge as CTP, where the US easily needs more than 30 CTR controllers working the event, I'm a fan of casting a wide net.  For Eastbound, the calls for help are usually all or mostly for Enroute positions.

Start time would depend on the facility, but facilities are generally looking for help starting around 11Z or so, will take anything they can get but would love folks that could put in a 5-7 hour shift.  Of course, in my opinion, the more the merrier, and I hope if there is enough outpouring of support, that the facilities will accept the extra help!

This is a GREAT way for controllers that don't usually get to work CTP streams to get that experience.  It's truly one of the toughest, and most rewarding, things you can do on VATSIM!

That said, if you're in a "prime time" position, CTP is not for the faint of heart!  People applying should be not only competent, but confident in their abilities to work a ton of traffic for several hours in a row.  It's a demanding, but awesome, experience.

I'll list the facilities, open positions that I know of at this point, and contact information in case you want to contact the facility of your choice directly.  Facilities should feel free to reply with any updates and I'll update this post.

NEW!
Orlando (ZJX)
Center/Enroute (2 openings)
TRACON/Departure (1 opening)
Looking for staffing assistance from 1030Z-1430Z.
Send message to both [email protected] and [email protected]

Updated
Boston (ZBW)
Center/Enroute (1-3 openings)
Looking for staffing assistance from 10Z-21Z or any portion thereof, with biggest needs 11-17Z.
ZBW EC Krikor Hajian ([email protected])

New York (ZNY)
None known at this time

Washington (ZDC)
None known at this time

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:25:15 AM by Don Desfosse »
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA