Linked Events

• Charlotte-Orlando Crossfire FNO: February 09, 2018

Charlotte-Orlando Xfire FNO

Meg Bruck

• ZTL Staff
    • View Profile
Charlotte-Orlando Xfire FNO
« on: November 06, 2017, 08:42:38 AM »

Join ZJX and ZTL as we host a Charlotte (KCLT) Orlando (KMCO) crossfire on Friday, Feb 9!

Charlotte to Orlando
RNAV
ICONS3 NOOKS SAV J103 OMN CWRLD4 
BEAVY4 JENDO OCF PIGLT4
Non-RNAV
KERMIT1 DEBIE GRD GNV OCF ALADN LEESE3 

Orlando to Charlotte
RNAV
MCOY2 GUANO CRG VIYAP SAV STOCR2 
JAG6 MATEO YULEE NOWAY J53 DUNKN PONZE BANKR2
Non-RNAV
WORMS OMN SAV CHS FLO CTF RASLN3
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 03:39:56 PM by Meg Bruck »
Meg Bruck
Event Coordinator
Virtual Atlanta ARTCC

Patrick Simmons

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte-Orlando Xfire FNO
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 11:14:16 PM »
Join ZJX and ZTL as we host a Charlotte (KCLT) Orlando (KMCO) crossfire on Friday, Feb 9!

Will you be able to VFR?

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 11:47:59 PM »
Will you be able to VFR?
... depends on the weather.   ;-)
Cheers,
-R.

Meg Bruck

• ZTL Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 08:14:11 AM »

Will you be able to VFR?

VFR traffic is always welcome at an FNO - weather permitting of course!

However, traffic patterns at the featured airport(s) is discouraged. We usually have one or two other fields staffed for anyone wishing to do pattern work or practice approaches.
Meg Bruck
Event Coordinator
Virtual Atlanta ARTCC

Mike Willey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 10:55:00 AM »
Will default scenery be OK for the FNO ??  I am on a new sim build with P3DV4 and having problems with the KCLT scenery update load from FSDT..

Mike Willey - WY
vZBW Training Administrator (Retired)
[email protected]

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 11:05:14 AM »
Will default scenery be OK for the FNO ??  I am on a new sim build with P3DV4 and having problems with the KCLT scenery update load from FSDT..

Default scenery should be OK everywhere, any time, event or not.  If there are significant differences, it may be worth tossing a note in your filing for the controller's benefit.

William Anderson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 11:31:27 AM »

Default scenery should be OK everywhere, any time, event or not.  If there are significant differences, it may be worth tossing a note in your filing for the controller's benefit.

CLT added an additional runway after FSX was released. If you put a note in your Flightplan, we will accommodate you.We are trying to ask if you have the third runway as far out as enroute, but it may not happen, so don't be afraid to speak out and say it.

Just be aware that our 36C is the default 36L and our 18C is the default 18R. Other than that, you should be good. 
Will Anderson
Atlanta Center
Air Traffic Manager

web - http://atlantacenter.net
email [email protected]

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 02:42:05 PM »
Just be aware that our 36C is the default 36L and our 18C is the default 18R. Other than that, you should be good.
Brings new meaning to the phrase, "Do you mean MY Left or YOUR Left?"
Cheers,
-R.

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 04:53:32 PM »

CLT added an additional runway after FSX was released. If you put a note in your Flightplan, we will accommodate you.We are trying to ask if you have the third runway as far out as enroute, but it may not happen, so don't be afraid to speak out and say it.

Is there an updated AFCAD freely available for pilots?  That may help out.

Ross Carlson

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 06:34:34 PM »

Mike, did you get this straightened out? I had a problem with the FSDT CLT scenery in P3D v4 where none of the buildings or surfaces would appear. It turned out it was because the scenery relied on functionality from GSX. Once I installed the free version of GSX, the scenery worked fine.

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 06:41:40 PM »
WOW!  Just half an hour into the event, and already more than double the normal average of participants!  Nice!
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 09:44:45 PM »
WOW!  Just half an hour into the event, and already more than double the normal average of participants!  Nice!
Yeah, it was very well-attended.  ZJX seemed a bit oversaturated with traffic, but the two Center guys were holding their own.

Am I the only one who got dropped by USA-E at about 0215z, and couldn't get back on?  After a couple attempts I switched over to USA-C but then it said my callsign was in use.  So I switched to a similar one but then couldn't connect to the voice room.  By the time I remembered to close and re-open vPilot, my original connection dropped off of VAT-Spy so I reconnected again with my original callsign, and everything proceeded uneventfully from there.

Everybody in ZTL and especially at Charlotte did a wonderful job!
Cheers,
-R.

Toby Rice

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ZJX ARTCC
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 12:03:32 AM »
Yeah, it was very well-attended.  ZJX seemed a bit oversaturated with traffic, but the two Center guys were holding their own.

Am I the only one who got dropped by USA-E at about 0215z, and couldn't get back on?  After a couple attempts I switched over to USA-C but then it said my callsign was in use.  So I switched to a similar one but then couldn't connect to the voice room.  By the time I remembered to close and re-open vPilot, my original connection dropped off of VAT-Spy so I reconnected again with my original callsign, and everything proceeded uneventfully from there.

Everybody in ZTL and especially at Charlotte did a wonderful job!

Multiple people dropped both from pilot and controller side this evening.
Toby Rice
Jacksonville ARTCC
ACE Team | Former HCF ATM | Former ATC Instructor