VRC Window Behavior

Kyle Ekas

• Members
    • View Profile
VRC Window Behavior
« on: May 29, 2018, 08:16:27 PM »
Hello all,

Was building a VRC profile for a position and it was coming along nicely. Then when I ran out of room on my left monitor I put the next window on the main monitor. This next window does not behave like the previous VRC windows where they come to foreground when selected, and return to background when another VRC window is selected which covers it. This next VRC window remains on top of my first VRC window at all times.

Does anyone know if this is built into VRC or is this a bug? I did not see any settings related to window behavior so I was just wondering if anyone had any insight on that.

Thanks.

K

David Stone

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Re: VRC Window Behavior
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 08:43:26 AM »
Yes, it is the program. The primary window is subservient to all other windows. But here is something you might try. Windows from the 'Tools' menu such as the Flight Strip Bay, Controllers & Chat, etc., can be 'rolled up' like a window shade when not needed for viewing by clicking the header bar on the window. You cannot do this with viewing windows because they will enlarge to full screen when you click the header bar. So Tools windows that you only need to see temporarily for info can be placed on top of the Primary view screen at the top so that the header bar is over the Primary window header bar. While controlling keep them rolled up and only open them long enough to view the information you need to see then roll them back up again when done. This will give you move real estate on your second monitor.

I am emailing you a PDF document I created to help my new controllers in setting up their VRC screen. I hope you find some helpful information in it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:01:55 AM by David Stone »

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 12:34:00 PM »
Yes, it is the program. The primary window is subservient to all other windows. But here is something you might try. Windows from the 'Tools' menu such as the Flight Strip Bay, Controllers & Chat, etc., can be 'rolled up' like a window shade when not needed for viewing by clicking the header bar on the window. You cannot do this with viewing windows because they will enlarge to full screen when you click the header bar. So Tools windows that you only need to see temporarily for info can be placed on top of the Primary view screen at the top so that the header bar is over the Primary window header bar. While controlling keep them rolled up and only open them long enough to view the information you need to see then roll them back up again when done. This will give you move real estate on your second monitor.

I am emailing you a PDF document I created to help my new controllers in setting up their VRC screen. I hope you find some helpful information in it.

If you wouldn't mind, could you send it to me too?  Our getting-started guide is a little lacking in that department.

Kyle Ekas

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 04:17:09 PM »
Thanks David, I think that answers my question.

K