Leaving for a while

David Jedrejcic

• Members
    • View Profile
Leaving for a while
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:21:06 PM »
All,

I am sad to announce that I will be leaving VATSIM and all of its assorted enclaves for a while as I attend to an increasing workload both at work and at school.  I have not been able to spend as much time as I would like to with VATSIM, and I don't see any break in the near future.  So I'm going to leave my post to someone who has more time to dedicate, and I am going to concentrate on those things that require it in my life at the moment.  

It has been a great experience working with everyone here, and I can say without hesitation that I have learned more about aviation and ATC than I ever thought I would - and I thank you all for making that possible.  To all of those folks that I have worked closely with, I want to thank you very sincerely for everything once again, and a big shout out to Noah, my first Instructor.  Hope you're doing well man.

I hope things settle down one day in the not too distant future so I can come back and spend some more time with this wonderful hobby, but until then, all the best, and thanks again.

Dave

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Leaving for a while
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 05:24:02 PM »
Wow, Dave, I'm sorry to hear that for us on the VATSIM side, but certainly understand.  I wish you all the best, and wish you a return to normalcy and peace very soon.  Take care.

Tom Seeley

• Members
    • View Profile
Leaving for a while
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 05:36:35 PM »
Sad news Dave, but as Don said, understandable. You've been a valued associate here, and we will certainly miss you on the VATUSA staff.
Best of luck to you, and hope to see you return to us when you can.

John Cierpial

• Members
    • View Profile
Leaving for a while
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 08:40:33 PM »
Dave,
You did a great job in your post and it was a pleasure to speak with you on occasion. Hope things go well with your job and school.  Blue skies!

Michael Bertolini

• Members
    • View Profile
    • National Air Traffic Controllers' Association
Leaving for a while
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »
Dave,

Big pat on the back for the work you have done for VATUSA. It has shown how much you care about the VATSIM community and you work reflects it. I congratulate you on your tremendous effort and hard work put into USA8. It was a pleasure to work with you and hope you return sometime in the near future!

You deserve the break, boss .

Enjoy your vacation and again congrats on your accomplishments!

-MB

Justin A. Martin

• Members
    • View Profile
Leaving for a while
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 10:49:06 PM »
Dave,

Definitely sad to hear! You've done amazing things on this network, and I've seen most of them first hand. Working with you at ZDC was an amazing experience, and over the years you're passion for the hobby really made you a great ATM and staff member. I'm glad I got to work with you as close as I did, and hopefully I'll see you around soon enough! I hope things calm down in the personal life, but in the meantime, keep in touch!!

JM

Bryan Wollenberg

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.laartcc.org
Leaving for a while
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 01:34:32 AM »
Sorry to see you go indeed!  It was a pleasure working with you in every capacity.  You've done a VERY fine job Dave.  Hope to see you around again soon.

Brian Pryor

• Members
    • View Profile
Leaving for a while
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 04:51:02 AM »
I can only echo what's been said. It has certainly been a pleasure working with you and I wish you the best.

Feel free to drop me a line if you ever need to chat.

Rahul Parkar

• Members
    • View Profile
Leaving for a while
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 12:14:53 PM »
Initial Response : "NOOO, Not Dave!... He was my favourite... ;("

Sorry to see you go Dave, you will be missed and I hope to see you around soon!

Cheers!
Rahul

Richard Ruminski

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.usafvirtual.org
Leaving for a while
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 01:43:21 PM »
Ok, so let me pull your contract out and see if you owe us any ETF"s.    Sad to see you go brother.  We'll leave the lights on for you.

Salvatore Barcia

• Members
    • View Profile
Leaving for a while
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »
Noooo!  

Dave,

You helped me with so much over the years and you're a great friend. I want the best for you, so go enjoy the realworld. Thanks for everything you did for Vatsim and Vatusa. You'll be getting an email soon.  

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
Leaving for a while
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 11:22:15 AM »
Very sorry to hear you leaving but understandable.  Thank you for all of your assistance and efforts recently.  Wishing you the very best with your future endeavors.

Wesley Miles

• Mentors
    • View Profile
Leaving for a while
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 08:35:40 PM »
Dave,

It's been a short time working with you, but I'm glad I had the chance!  Thanks for all the help when I was starting out.  I won't forget it.

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
Leaving for a while
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 10:29:12 AM »
Dave,

It was good controlling alongside you in ZDV and under your leadership in ZDC when I was there. I'll pass this along to Noah, who is still instructing with us in ZDV. Thanks!

Noah Bryant

• Members
    • View Profile
Leaving for a while
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »
Too bad to see you go Dave, you were a fantastic student who I still remember as the guy who learned stuff faster than I taught it! When you're calendar opens up stop in at ZDV to say hi.