Vatsim Chartfinder

Tracy Tobin

• Members
    • View Profile
Vatsim Chartfinder
« on: October 27, 2011, 12:39:01 AM »
Hey does anyone know if the Chart finder will get an update and if so when? You can click on the URL somewhere and change the date and get the latest charts that way I guess. If you can do that, why doesn't the browser just automatically grab the latest chart? Someone please shed some light on this. Thanks

Vatsim Chartfinder
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 04:05:34 AM »
Quote from: Tracy Tobin
Hey does anyone know if the Chart finder will get an update and if so when? You can click on the URL somewhere and change the date and get the latest charts that way I guess. If you can do that, why doesn't the browser just automatically grab the latest chart? Someone please shed some light on this. Thanks

VATSIM Chartfinder is manually updated and sometimes the devs don't get around to it.  It is the reason I stopped using it and created an alternate (that and to make a Chartfinder like service that covered more than just the US).  Check out http://www.aircharts.org.

Tracy Tobin

• Members
    • View Profile
Vatsim Chartfinder
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 11:35:27 PM »
Quote from: Daniel Hawton
VATSIM Chartfinder is manually updated and sometimes the devs don't get around to it.  It is the reason I stopped using it and created an alternate (that and to make a Chartfinder like service that covered more than just the US).  Check out http://www.aircharts.org.

Thanks alot. I just checked out that website and it'll do just fine for now. Would you have any idea if they will include Asian en route charts or airport charts as well? Like the Philippines, Hong Kong, Korea, Thailand, etc. I didn't see those charts there.

Rahul Parkar

• Members
    • View Profile
Vatsim Chartfinder
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 04:24:58 AM »
Tracy,

AirCharts has plans to expand to Asia in the future and we are working with VATASIA to do this.

Unfortunately, we do not have these charts right now in our system.

Cheers!
Rahul

Scott DeWoody

• Members
    • View Profile
Vatsim Chartfinder
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 02:12:33 AM »
It appears that it is limited in South America charts also, any plans on expanding in that direction?

Rahul Parkar

• Members
    • View Profile
Vatsim Chartfinder
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 12:17:10 PM »
Scott,

There are definitely plans to begin moving south into South America, the main issue is finding good sources of English charts there, I have found one or two sources, but any other sources anybody can conjure up would be great.

Cheers!
Rahul