Logan Gloss

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
Petition
« on: June 01, 2012, 12:39:31 AM »
On behalf of the VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC:

Petition

In memory of Bert Kuiper, the members of the VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC are respectfully requesting the VATSIM Board of Governors (BoG) restrict the use of the callsign 'NWA7' in recognition to a long time and devoted pilot to the VATSIM network.

Board of Directors
VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC

Colin Schoen

• Members
    • View Profile
Petition
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 11:19:03 PM »
Quote from: Logan Gloss
On behalf of the VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC:

Petition

In memory of Bert Kuiper, the members of the VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC are respectfully requesting the VATSIM Board of Governors (BoG) restrict the use of the callsign 'NWA7' in recognition to a long time and devoted pilot to the VATSIM network.

Board of Directors
VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC
Not that I don't think this effort is in good faith, but it opens a whole new door of restricting callsign use across the network and the requirements for doing so. I personally don't think it is a door that VATSIM wants or should open.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:19:28 PM by Colin Schoen »

James Bishop

• Members
    • View Profile
Petition
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 01:02:03 AM »
As the CEO of the only NWA VA Partner on VATSIM I can limit the use of that callsign within my VA, but VATSIM has already set precedence that no callsigns will be restricted on the network save for aircraft that were part of major catastrophes, such as Pan-Am 103, or the aircraft that were destroyed on 9/11/01.