Tom Seeley retirement

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Tom Seeley retirement
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:03:50 PM »
It is with bittersweet emotion that I announce the retirement of Tom Seeley from the role of VATUSA Deputy Director, effective September 1, 2016.  Tom has been my right hand man, voice of reason, partner in crime, and a very, very good friend to me, to VATUSA and to VATSIM during his tenure as Deputy Director, and I will miss him and our fireside chats very, very much.  I've let him know about a million times how much I'll miss him and that the welcome (back) mat is always out.  Or kinda like Motel 6 -- we'll leave the light on for him.

I am pleased to announce that Ira Robinson will become our Deputy Director effective September 1, 2016.  Ira's most recent assignment has been as a VATSIM Membership Data Audit Manager, and he has previously served as the ZNY ATM.  Ira is knowledgeable, reasonable, approachable and a really good guy, hard qualities to find wrapped up in one package on VATSIM.   He will serve us well going forward; we continue to be in good hands.

Please join me in wishing Tom well in retirement (and encouraging him to come back and reignite his passion for VATSIM sooner rather than later), and congratulating Ira on his new role.

Toby Rice

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ZJX ARTCC
Re: Tom Seeley retirement
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 09:33:06 PM »
Farewell, Tom!  You will be missed.  Remember, keep the blue side up :)

Congratulations, Ira!  The position is well deserved.

Camden Bruno

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 11:41:45 PM »
Tom, thank you for all of your hard work and dedication over the years. We appreciate all you have done for us as a division and look forward to seeing you on the scopes and in the sky!

Ira, congrats and good luck in the new position - you'll do a fantastic job.

Kenneth Bambach

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 01:35:50 AM »
I don't believe that Tom will be gone long. Sort of like a moth to a flame...you will be drawn back in ;) In any event, thanks Tom for all your efforts and work in making Don look good, lol!! I know he appreciates it ;) And we all appreciate what you have done for the Division during your tenure. Hope to see you back soon.

And Kudo's Mr Robinson! What a great choice :) The Division continues to be in good hands with Ira as the back up. But I do hope that Tom left some of his liquor cabinet stash behind. Your probably going to need it at some point. Hopefully Don told you that already ;) Tally-Ho!

Michael Mund-Hoym

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 04:22:25 AM »
Tom, I am sorry to see you leave VATUSA2. Thank you for your voice of reason and your contributions over the past years. Here is to wish you god speed for all your future endeavors.

Ira, what should I say... congratulations! Fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Matt Bozwood-Davies

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 05:24:35 AM »
You know VATUSA2 has done a good job when the director's head is still screwed in place. Thanks to Tom for his dedication to VATUSA over his term.

All the best to Ira, the right man for the job!

Gary Morris

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Center
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 06:01:13 AM »
Tom, thank you for your incredible dedication to our hobby over the years. I'm sure you will be sorely missed around the VATUSA camp!

Also, congratulations to Ira on the new position. I'm sure it'll be an adventure!

Adam Hulse

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 07:31:56 AM »
Tom, thank you for all of your contributions to VATUSA and VATSIM!

Congratulations Ira! 

Brayden Manzella

• Members
    • View Profile
    • VATUSA
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 08:10:27 AM »
Tom, your dedication and commitment to the betterment of this hobby will be deeply missed, and I wish you the best in your retirement.

Ira, Congratulations! I know that the division continues to be in good hands, and I look forward to working with you.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 12:48:37 PM by Brayden Manzella »

Johnathan Ellis

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 06:57:57 PM »
Thank you for everything you have contributed to our Community over the years....we are truly loosing one of the best. I wish you well.

Ira....congrats!!!! The perfect choice, and I look forward to seeing you in your new position!!

Kenneth Haught

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://vzanartcc.net
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 09:02:23 AM »
I am with Don in saying this pains me to see. I recall very fondly working through the challenges a new ATM faces with Tom when I took over ZAN 'lo those many years ago. I hope to see you popping around Tom, and for heavens sake some open a bottle of beverage with us in the wilderness sometime!

A huge congratulations to Ira, and frankly I don't think you could have done better with your appointment Don. It's great to see such great people leading VATUSA forward through the day-to-day!

Wesley Miles

• Mentors
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 09:13:29 AM »
Sorry to see you go Tom, but Don knows how to pick 'em.  Congrats Ira!

Brighton McMinn

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 10:43:36 AM »
Thanks for all your dedication over the years, Tom!

Congrats Ira!

Kevin Copeland

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 11:49:16 AM »
Well there goes the nieborhood  :P

Thanks for all the time you have dedicated to VATSIM and VATUSA Tom. Wishing you the best

Welcome to the fun house Ira.
(Don throws barbecues every Friday behind the HQ building so if you see smoke...don't call the fire dept.)

Manuel Manigault

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 05:18:35 PM »
Congratulations Ira.  Best wishes Tom!