[22 Oct 2016] Cross The Pond Eastbound 2016 - Help Needed!

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
[22 Oct 2016] Cross The Pond Eastbound 2016 - Help Needed!
« on: October 17, 2016, 09:09:37 PM »
Ace Team Members and all other interested controllers!

Looks like a few facilities are running a bit short for CTP this coming Saturday.  Start time would depend on the facility, but looks like facilities are looking for help starting around 1030Z at the earliest, will take anything they can get but would love folks that could put in a 5-7 hour shift.

I'll list the facilities, open positions that I know of at this point, and contact information in case you want to contact the facility of your choice directly.  Feel free to reply with any updates and I'll update this post.

Of course, in my opinion, the more the merrier, and I hope if there is enough outpouring of support, that the facilities will accept the extra help!

This is a GREAT way for controllers that don't usually get to work CTP streams to get that experience.  It's truly one of the toughest, and most rewarding, things you can do on VATSIM!

-- none at this time --

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 01:03:33 AM by Don Desfosse »
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
Re: [22 Oct 2016] Cross The Pond Eastbound 2016 - Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 10:36:33 AM »
I'm hearing through the grapevine that ZME, ZAU, ZID and ZOB could use help as well, though neither have reached out to me nor replied here.  Again, this is a great way for experienced, proficient controllers to get to participate in CTP if you don't normally get the opportunity to. 

Any facility that needs help, please post here which positions (Enroute, TRACON, Cab) and how many of each.
Don Desfosse

Kenneth Bambach

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 03:51:46 PM »
ZMA should be set with CTR positions.
Ken Bambach
ZMA ATM

David Stone

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 08:13:49 PM »
I'm hearing through the grapevine that ZME, ZAU, ZID and ZOB could use help as well, though neither have reached out to me nor replied here.  Again, this is a great way for experienced, proficient controllers to get to participate in CTP if you don't normally get the opportunity to. 

Any facility that needs help, please post here which positions (Enroute, TRACON, Cab) and how many of each.

Not sure who is polluting your grapevine, Don, but ZID is not in need of assistance and I would surely reach out if this were the case.
David Stone

Corey Burt

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 10:31:23 PM »
ZME is good to go :)

Corey Burt
ZME EC

Corey Burt
Deputy Air Traffic Manager
Instructor 1

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 11:04:33 PM »
Thanks gents.  That's why I posted here.  When it comes to grapevine or hallway talk, "trust but verify" is really important.  Thanks again.
Don Desfosse

Toby Rice

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ZJX ARTCC
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 12:07:02 AM »
Wish I could help out, but my busy day starts at 7am.  Hope all goes well and everyone has fun!
Toby Rice
Jacksonville ARTCC
ACE Team | Former HCF ATM | Former ATC Instructor