Linked Events

• Atlanta LIVE!: September 15, 2017

Atlanta LIVE!

Meg Bruck

• ZTL Staff
    • View Profile
Atlanta LIVE!
« on: June 13, 2017, 11:43:29 AM »

Come and join The Atlanta Center on Friday September 15th, 2017 from 2300z until 0400z for our ANNUAL Atlanta Live - Friday Night Ops Event!!

Atlanta Live has been a long running tradition in The Atlanta Center and for those who know what its like, its a blast! We strive to simulate for 5 hours what its like to fly in/out of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport! We call this Atlanta Live not because our controllers are meeting up for a "live" controlling event, but because we are simulating how live we can make Atlanta!

Pilot Brief is available here.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:19:22 AM by Meg Bruck »
Meg Bruck
Event Coordinator
Virtual Atlanta ARTCC

Meg Bruck

• ZTL Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Atlanta LIVE!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 02:37:35 PM »
Before we publish our pilot brief for Atlanta Live, I'd like to make sure that these are, in fact, the preferred routes you'd like to use. Please let me know if you have a different preferred route.

Departures to:
BHM   NASSA2 NASSA KIOSK
BOS   PLMMR2 SPA Q22 MEARI THHMP MAAXY OOD J42 RBV J222 JFK ROBUC2
CLT   PHIIL2 PHIIL CNTLR JONZE1
DCA   JACCC2 KELLN Q56 KIWII WAVES CAPSS2
DTW   PADGT2 SMTTH BUGME J91 BULEY J91 HNN DJB GEMNI4
IAD   JACCC2 KELLN BYJAC Q60 JAXSN DORRN CAVLR3
JFK   PHIIL2 GRD Q64 TYI J209 SAWED J121 SIE CAMRN4
LGA   JACCC2 KELLN BYJAC Q60 JAXSN HPW J191 PXT KORRY3
MCO   SMLTZ2 WALET OTK PIGLT4
MIA   VRSTY2 MCN AMG OMN HILEY6
ORD   VARNM2 GLAZR Q118 VOSTK Q118 MZZ VEECK3

Arrivals from:
BHM  GUMMP STTEF VYPPR1
BOS   BLZZR3 BLZZR BAF Q448 PTW J48 FLASK WINNG1
CLT   BOBZY2 TNSLY LEAVI WINNG1
DCA   CLTCH1 FLASK WINNG1
DTW   RID8 RID IIU BNA NEWBB IHAVE KNGGG DRMMM1
IAD   CLTCH1 FLASK WINNG1
JFK   RBV J230 BYRDD J48 FLASK WINNG1
LGA   LANNA J48 FLASK WINNG1
MCO   JAG5 VQQ CHESN LAIRI HOWRR SMOOV1
MIA   HEDLY2 HEDLY J81 CHESN LAIRI HOWRR CHOPI1
ORD   CMSKY CARYN CYBIL PXV J73 BNA NEWBB IHAVE KNGGG DRMMM1
Meg Bruck
Event Coordinator
Virtual Atlanta ARTCC

Jeremy Peterson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 03:07:22 PM »
Not really a big deal but LGA and EWR can both use LANNA.J48.FLASK.WINNG1.
ATL - EWR can use PLMMR2.SPA.Q22.BEARI..FAK.PHLBO3.
Jeremy Peterson (HP)

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 03:21:35 PM »
Will there be suggested/preferred routes for non-RNAV capable aircraft?  I see a lot of Q routes in there and RNAV-required procedures.

Meg Bruck

• ZTL Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 01:17:51 PM »
Not really a big deal but LGA and EWR can both use LANNA.J48.FLASK.WINNG1.
ATL - EWR can use PLMMR2.SPA.Q22.BEARI..FAK.PHLBO3.

I'll add these routes to the list. Thanks!
Meg Bruck
Event Coordinator
Virtual Atlanta ARTCC

Meg Bruck

• ZTL Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 01:30:36 PM »
Will there be suggested/preferred routes for non-RNAV capable aircraft?  I see a lot of Q routes in there and RNAV-required procedures.
The Departures section of our pilot brief will go into more detail about non-RNAV departures and how to file the ATL9. I probably won't be able to publish an RNAV and non-RNAV route for each destination. I took these routes from flightaware. If you want to suggest an alternative to the Q routes I'm happy to publish those instead.

If the majority of the rnav traffic files a preferred route that will free up the clearance controller to work the non-rnav traffic.
Meg Bruck
Event Coordinator
Virtual Atlanta ARTCC

William Anderson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 08:34:59 AM »
Event's tonight! Hope to see you there!!
Will Anderson
Atlanta Center
Air Traffic Manager

web - http://atlantacenter.net
email [email protected]

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 12:15:32 PM »
I have a question, but I really don't want to poke the fire from before, but it's a related tangent here:  What happened to the announcement for the actual-Live Atlanta Live event for next year?  I can't seem to find it anymore.

Ira Robinson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 06:14:45 PM »
I have a question, but I really don't want to poke the fire from before, but it's a related tangent here:  What happened to the announcement for the actual-Live Atlanta Live event for next year?  I can't seem to find it anymore.

Then why poke the fire?  I hope Matt doesn't mind that I answer this one.  Since the event is quite some distance off, a request was made, and granted, that the discussion, which some thought had turned more off topic that it should have, be removed until more details become available. 

Let it go Matthew.  Move along. There's nothing to see here.
Ira Robinson

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 06:04:40 PM »

Then why poke the fire?  I hope Matt doesn't mind that I answer this one.  Since the event is quite some distance off, a request was made, and granted, that the discussion, which some thought had turned more off topic that it should have, be removed until more details become available. 

Let it go Matthew.  Move along. There's nothing to see here.

Because I didn't intend for it to actually be a poke, hence the preface.  Since none of us mere members had any visibility to the decision to bring the discussion back, how could we have known?  All I knew was that lots of threads disappeared.  I appreciate the reply, though.

I recently was reminded that I was essentially told that I couldn't attend the ZMA Live event and ignored, saw this thread, and it reminded me to ask what would generally be an innocent question.

Camden Bruno

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 06:49:13 PM »
I recently was reminded that I was essentially told that I couldn't attend the ZMA Live event and ignored
No need to publicly call out ZMA. Not everyone is openly invited and welcome to facility live events - there are venue size restrictions among other complexities.

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 06:58:59 PM »
I recently was reminded that I was essentially told that I couldn't attend the ZMA Live event and ignored
No need to publicly call out ZMA. Not everyone is openly invited and welcome to facility live events - there are venue size restrictions among other complexities.

There's a conversation to be had offline.