Trying to return

Ron Schnell

• Members
    • View Profile
Trying to return
« on: August 26, 2017, 11:49:51 PM »
Hi All,

I used to use VATSIM, but it's been 15-20 years since I've used it.  I opened a trouble ticket to try to locate my account, but for some reason nobody has been able to find it.  So I went ahead and created a new account.  I was doing TRACON here in the '90s, but I guess I'm going to have to go through the training all over again?  Hoping to shortcut it a little bit.  For those who can see, the ticket number is 82149729.

In any case, in the interest of getting started in case I'll need to do everything again, I signed up, and am trying to take the Basic ATC/S1 exam, but it's giving me an error (Error You have not completed the CBT Requirements).  I went to the CBT center under "My VATUSA" and read through the relevant sections.  It still gives this error.

Thanks for any help on either of these situations.

Ron

Re: Trying to return
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 12:05:49 AM »
Welcome back!

You need to finish the entire block.. the Basic ATC/S1 chapter is showing it hasn't been completed yet.

Ron Schnell

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 12:13:34 AM »
Welcome back!

You need to finish the entire block.. the Basic ATC/S1 chapter is showing it hasn't been completed yet.

Looks like I missed one.  Thanks.

Ron Schnell

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 06:15:40 PM »
How long should it take for the next step after passing the exam?

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 06:54:44 PM »
Completely up to you.. the instructions for joining us are found under "Join Us" or here https://www.vatusa.net/info/join

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 07:05:40 PM »
How long should it take for the next step after passing the exam?

And beyond the next step, once you join a facility, get in touch with your facility's training staff to get some time setup to discuss a training plan and get started.