Prospective/New controllers, please read

Robert Reifsnyder

• Members
    • View Profile
Prospective/New controllers, please read
« on: December 16, 2017, 11:09:46 PM »
Good day folks,

I just want to throw out a quick reminder to those of you who are either thinking about or have just joined your first division/facility to start your virtual controlling career.
     As you all should already know, VATSIM and VATUSA is ran completely by volunteers, from the VATSIM founders, president, and continuing down the organizational structure. With this said I would expect everyone to understand that when requesting services, whether it be a support ticket, transfer to a new division/facility, etc. that you should expect at least a short delay, possibly ranging from 1 day to hopefully at the latest 3 days before you receive a response to your request.
     Some of these services can be time consuming and tedious. When you are part of a network where people not only run the community here at VATSIM/VATUSA but also run their real life jobs/households it should be a given that there will almost always be a waiting period for a response to your particular request. Especially at this time of year, when families will always take priority over hobbies (I hope at least).
     Please be respectful of your fellow pilots/controllers and management when you make your requests, put in for a transfer, ask for training, etc.  Your fellows will thank you and the community will be a better one.

Patience is a virtue!

Happy holidays all.
Robert
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:54:30 AM by Robert Reifsnyder »
Robert Reifsnyder
Albuquerque ARTCC