Dace Nicmane

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photoshop Aviation Art
Re: Bring Don Home! [25 FEB 2359-0400z]
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 03:02:35 PM »
Hope to see you there!
Even AF1? ::) :D
Seriously though, thanks for starting 2 h earlier! That's a lot!

Krikor Hajian

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Don Home! [25 FEB 2200-0400z]
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 09:35:08 AM »
With Don having formally stepped down from his position last weekend, we'd like to again thank him for his years of service, and welcome new VATUSA1, Mark Hubbert, into his new role! What better way to send of Don and welcome in Mark than joining us the weekend after next for "Bring Don Home!" Mark your calendars and order your avgas, we'll have trucks standing by for the water cannon salute. It's gonna be a blast!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:33:35 PM by Krikor Hajian »

Krikor Hajian (HI) - 1283146
Deputy Air Traffic Manager | Instructor
[email protected]
- - - - - - - - - -
VATUSA ACE Team Member

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 11:03:58 AM »
With Don having formally stepped down from his position last weekend, we'd like to again thank him for his years of service, and welcome new VATUSA1, Mark Hubbert, into his new role! What better way to send of Don and welcome in Mark than joining us next weekend for "Bring Don Home!" Mark your calendars and order your avgas, we'll have trucks standing by for the water cannon salute. It's gonna be a blast!

Did it get pushed up?  I thought it was weekend after next?

Krikor Hajian

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 12:32:53 PM »
With Don having formally stepped down from his position last weekend, we'd like to again thank him for his years of service, and welcome new VATUSA1, Mark Hubbert, into his new role! What better way to send of Don and welcome in Mark than joining us next weekend for "Bring Don Home!" Mark your calendars and order your avgas, we'll have trucks standing by for the water cannon salute. It's gonna be a blast!

Did it get pushed up?  I thought it was weekend after next?

Nope, I just wasn’t thinking. Still the 25th.

[email protected]
- - - - - - - - - -
VATUSA ACE Team Member

Elliott Sankus

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 01:05:30 PM »
Oh, you'll get it, alright....  "I have a full route clearance for you, advise ready to copy!"  ;D

Im so glad that I wont be the one giving full reroutes, I'll just be making sure that Don gets from the terminal to the runway safely.

Jason Chambers

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2018, 08:06:00 PM »
CS/AIR FORCE ONE RMK/PRIORITY AIRCRAFT RMK/VATUSA1 ON BOARD

I can't be the only one who would have fun holding Don while being unable to provide priority ;-)

Of course  not.  Watch them try and get through NY CTR without having to do a few loop-d-loops!   lol

thats when you squawk 7600 and turn off your radios  ;D

Dace Nicmane

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photoshop Aviation Art
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2018, 05:27:23 AM »
thats when you squawk 7600 and turn off your radios  ;D
The pilot or the controller?  ;D

Randy Tyndall

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 02:08:35 PM »
By the way, I know it's late, but better late than never since the event is tomorrow...

NON-RNAV Jet - OKC J6 LIT J66 MEM J42 RBV JFK ORW7

The J6 Airway doesn't connect to OKC.  That's the OKECIE VOR in Warsaw, Poland.  It does, however, connect to IRW, the Will Rogers (Oklahoma City) VOR... :D

You think a controller, and an instructor at that, would know better, even a Boston one... ;D

Maybe Don better head west instead of east... ;)

Randy

Toby Rice

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ZJX ARTCC
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2018, 02:12:02 PM »
Toby Rice
Jacksonville ARTCC
ACE Team | Former HCF ATM | Former ATC Instructor

Krikor Hajian

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 02:22:03 PM »
By the way, I know it's late, but better late than never since the event is tomorrow...

NON-RNAV Jet - OKC J6 LIT J66 MEM J42 RBV JFK ORW7

The J6 Airway doesn't connect to OKC.  That's the OKECIE VOR in Warsaw, Poland.  It does, however, connect to IRW, the Will Rogers (Oklahoma City) VOR... :D

You are correct, the J6 airway connects the Will Rogers VOR (IRW) and Little Rock VOR (LIT). This has been amended.

You think a controller, and an instructor at that, would know better, even a Boston one... ;D

Maybe Don better head west instead of east... ;)

Randy

There are far better ways to address this than making personal insults on the forums. An honest mistake was made, one that I take responsibility for in planning the routes, however this is the first time it has been caught among the many people dedicating their spare time to make this event happen. A simple; "Do you mean IRW.J6.LIT... instead of OKC.J6?" will suffice.

[email protected]
- - - - - - - - - -
VATUSA ACE Team Member

Randy Tyndall

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2018, 02:26:43 PM »
Holy cow, Krikor,

Did you see all the smilies and the the grins...

I meant absolutely no disrespect and I had hoped the emoticons made that clear...but, wow, guess not.  It appears everyone else can kid and joke and poke fun, but it must be a controller thing.

Won't be flying tomorrow.

Randy

Randy Tyndall

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 04:14:33 PM »
Point taken Camden,

I apologize to you, Krikor, and the entire Boston staff for my indiscretion.

I hope the event is a great success.  Don is a good guy and deserves it.  I won't be missed.  There will be plenty of traffic to take my place.

You completely misunderstand my character.  It's out of embarrassment I am not flying, not for any other reason that you may have assumed.

Randy

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2018, 04:40:15 PM »
As someone who has also victimized himself with occasional attempts at humor that have backfired and resulted in hurt feelings -- here, other online communities, at work, and in my family -- I sympathize.  In the end I hope we can all agree no harm was intended, learn from the mistake, shake hands, and move on as friends.
Cheers,
-R.

Krikor Hajian

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2018, 04:42:36 PM »
Thanks, Randy. No apology needed - seems it was just a simple misunderstanding. Of course, if you're still interested in flying in the event tomorrow, you're more than welcome to and we'd love to see you there. Nothing to be embarrassed about, the more the merrier!

Hope to see you tomorrow.

All the best,

[email protected]
- - - - - - - - - -
VATUSA ACE Team Member

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2018, 07:46:19 PM »
Randy, just seeing this thread (and after I commented in the VATSIM forums).  "Stuff" happens, and from the perspective of looking at this thread several hours after "stuff" happened, I'd say it looks like water under the bridge.  I really hope you can make it tomorrow.  It would be really good to fly with you again.
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA