Linked Events

• Charlotte LIVE!: June 09, 2017

Atlanta Center FNO

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Atlanta Center FNO
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 12:32:05 AM »
Do not pretend to know what is best for Atlanta or how Atlanta should be represented.  That is the job of the ATM and myself.  I would not expect someone who is not a member of staff to understand that, so let me further explain.

And to demean me further?  Ouch, this only keeps getting better.

I'd get reprimanded (with real consequences...) for talking to somebody like that at work.  Here on VATSIM, I'd wager somebody could make a case of a CoC A1 violation here.  I'm not generally the guy that would go running with that, but you're doing this in a public forum, representing your ARTCC.  You're supposed to set an example.

I'm not sure why you're taking it so personally that I'm trying to start a discussion.  I'm not sitting here damning or condemning ZTL.  It just so happened ZTL was what caught my eye.  It's my nature to ask questions.  I ask questions to find out what's going on, to explore what's going on.  I tend to find that those who get this defensive are the ones I need to then dig deeper on... not that it's the same here, but the defensive posture indicates something.  It's what makes me good at what I do.

Perhaps VATUSA developing a naming guideline to align the intent and purposes of various events is in order.  Or am I unqualified to participate in an open forum about the community as well?  I'd be curious to understand why you think I'm unqualified or can't understand, but that should likely be a teamspeak conversation off of the forum.

but what this boils down to is semantics and quite honestly I'm done spending another minute of my very valuable time dealing with such a frivolous endeavor.

Isn't that part of the job?  Also, that whole e-peen display there is similarly unbecoming.  I do hope that your leadership is aware of your style of articulation and presentation.

Let's carry on from this discussion.

Fair enough, but it's unfortunate that I've seen a trend of this kind of behavior developing on the network, especially from senior ARTCC staff.

William Anderson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 07:39:07 AM »

I think your ATM would agree that one way Atlanta should not be represented (along with any other ARTCC or VATSIM subset) is through profanity on a public forum, especially when it's coupled with an attitude.

Actually, do not agree. Why? Because it shows willingness to not back down and willingness to stand up for himself and for the ARTCC. Is there some things I would have said differently or omitted? Yes, but I still think we need to stand up for both ourselves and our ARTCC, thus my tolerance of the messages.

Although, I do mind when people assume or make inferences about me, that is when I get irritated.

Mr. Kosmoski,

What I, nor the Events Coordinator appreciate, is informing us we should correct the name of our event because it does not fit the criteria you are used to seeing or you would like to see. Let's look at this quote from earlier in the discussion:  "If we're not allowed to question things, what are we doing here in the first place?  Most things aren't questioned until somebody bothers to ask the question."

If you want to continue to ask questions about banners, event names, or other irrelevant information regarding events, in the future, I would consider taking a different approach to raising such questions, as you can clearly see the current approach was not received well.

Each ARTCC has different reasons for putting names for their events which may not be known to someone who is not within the ARTCC. I believe this entire thread is could have been avoided if the name of ZTL's, not Mr. Kosmoski's, event was accepted as something to which will not change. With those final remarks, I am going to conclude this discussion here. If it were to continue, I do not see any good coming from it. Matthew, if you wish to discuss further, please feel free to send me an email, and I will get to it when I have time.

See you Friday.
Will Anderson
Atlanta Center
Air Traffic Manager

web - http://atlantacenter.net
email [email protected]

Gia Pham

• ZDC Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 08:33:17 AM »
Btw, your banner doesn't match the title of the event.

Good luck and have fun on Friday.
Gia Pham
vZDC Events Coordinator (EC)
[email protected]

Meg Bruck

• ZTL Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 09:33:08 AM »
Btw, your banner doesn't match the title of the event.

The event title in the calendar says Charlotte LIVE. This thread is titled differently because it was created before we selected the final location for the FNO. I don't see anything in the rule book about event forum posts needing to match event titles... Oh wait, what rule book?

Thanks all for the well wishes. Hope to see you in the air or on the scopes! The Pilot Brief will be available soon, but for now you can check our facebook page for helpful information about Charlotte and tomorrow's event.
Meg Bruck
Event Coordinator
Virtual Atlanta ARTCC

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 10:55:51 AM »
I don't see anything in the rule book about event forum posts needing to match event titles... Oh wait, what rule book?

To be fair, there actually is something of a rulebook:

https://www.vatusa.net/docs/DP003.pdf

(and as linked within) http://www.vatusa.net/forums/index.php?topic=3856.0

Paul Dobear

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 01:31:13 PM »
This was enjoyable to say the least.  If I have learned one thing about Vatsim its that people will moan and complain about anything just for the sake of moaning and complaining.

I wish the most key essential thing in my life was moaning about what another ARTCC calls their event. Because then I wouldn't have any real life issues to deal with.

I thought VATSIM was supposed to be a hobby...I think a few people in this thread, no matter what side they support need to find a new hobby...

Camden Bruno

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 03:04:26 PM »
Actually, do not agree. Why? Because it shows willingness to not back down and willingness to stand up for himself and for the ARTCC. Is there some things I would have said differently or omitted? Yes
Although, I do mind when people assume or make inferences about me, that is when I get irritated.

Will,

All for defending yourselves, but we also need to hold ourselves accountable and remain professional.

Not making inferences about you. Simply saying, as a VATSIM Supervisor, that there is an expectation of all members (let alone ARTCC administration members) to stay courteous and respectful. What I saw did not seem to meet that standard, therefore, I chimed in.

If you couldn't tell, I was trying to help put this chain to an end and end on a positive note.

I'll try that again, and hopefully everyone gets the hint this time.

Have a great event tomorrow, ZTL!

Best,

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 03:38:48 PM »
I'll try that again, and hopefully everyone gets the hint this time.

Hey now, some of are denser than that! :-)

Jeremy Peterson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 04:14:28 PM »
Please update the JFK to CLT routing to read RBV J230 >COPES< J75 GVE LYH.CHSLY2
Jeremy Peterson (HP)

Camden Bruno

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 05:14:15 PM »
Hey now, some of are denser than that! :-)

:P ;D

Ian Fisher

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 06:32:38 PM »

Matthew Bartels

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 06:59:07 PM »
I'm putting this thread to bed. VATUSA does not have any policies on what you may or may not call your event as long as it is not obscene.

While I personally agree that calling an event "Live" when it's not a live event may be misleading, it is not prohibited. Perhaps in the future ZTL could consider calling the event Atlanta Alive or Charlotte Real-Ops, etc.

Either way, we are done here. Have a good FNO ZTL.
Matt Bartels - MT
VP Marketing and Communication
VATSIM Board of Governors